Welcome to the Rotary Club of Clayton, NC.
The Rotary Foundation was founded over 100 years ago and has spent more than $4 billion on life-changing, sustainable projects.
- The mission of the Rotary Foundation is to help Rotary members advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace by providing quality education, improving health, alleviating poverty, and improving the environment.
- Contributions from Rotarians worldwide go to the Foundation’s Annual Programs Fund, which provides grants and awards through Foundation programs, and the Permanent Fund, an endowment from which only the earnings are spent in support of Foundation programs, ensuring the long-term viability of the Foundation.
- Annual Fund-SHARE is the primary funding source for various local and international Rotary Foundation activities. Every Rotarian, Every Year is the initiative to encourage support for the Foundation’s Annual Fund. The SHARE system transforms contributions to The Rotary Foundation into grants.
- The World Fund provides funding for our highest-priority activities around the globe. A percentage of SHARE-designated contributions is applied to the World Fund. The Foundation uses the World Fund to pay for grant and program opportunities available to all Rotary districts, including PolioPlus, Rotary Peace Centres, Programmes of Scale grants, and global grants.
- Districts can use district Designated Funds (DDF) to pay for Foundation, club, and district projects that a club and others in the district choose. Districts may use up to half of their DDF to fund district grants. The remainder may be used for global grants or donated to Polio Plus, the peace centers, or another district.
- The Endowment Fund, financed by cash gifts and bequests left by Rotary members and their families, ensures the long-term viability of the Foundation and its grants and programs. Spendable earnings from the Endowment Fund enable the Foundation to expand existing activities and underwrite new ones. Contributions are invested in perpetuity: A percentage of the fund’s total value is directed annually to Foundation grants and programs.
The Paul Harris Fellow recognition acknowledges those individuals who contribute to, or who have contributions made, in their name...
On Friday, September 15, 2023, our Club had a fun time at Clayton High School for the game between The Clayton Comets Athletics vs....
At our meeting today, August 31, 2023, we welcomed Brent George, who was Treasurer of the Clayton Mid-Day Rotary Club. Sadly, the Mid-Day...